We tested the her dating app and have a full review with prices and costs. See how this lesbian dating app measured up in our her dating app reviews.
What is Her & How Does Her Work?
Her is a social and dating app for lesbians, bisexual and queer women helping you find friends, dates, local LGBTQ events or just chat away. Her Dating App is created by Benikki Ltd. The App was Formerly called as Dattch.
Her consists of energetic & diverse team based out of San Francisco, CA. Their goal is to create a more inclusive future for queer womxn.
The App is available for iOS and Android users. As of May 2018, the application is available in 55 countries.
Step by Step Instructions After Installation:
After Installing, you can see the Home Display Screen consists of three login options.
1. Continue with Phone
2. Continue with Facebook
3. Or Continue with Instagram
Enter the Confirmation code which has been sent to your given phone number.
Choose options to create new or login to an existing account.
1. I have a profile
2. I want to create a profile
Update Name & Date of Birth
Upload Photos. You can see 4 options for updating photos. They are,
1. Add from Camera
2. Add from Gallery
3. Add from Facebook
4. Or Add from Instagram
Here is the home view of the HER app.
Swipe option is available to look at profiles. The heart symbol is used to like at profiles.
Free Features of Her Dating App:
Verified Accounts: No men, no fakes. Her is a safe space for Queer community. Although it is mentioned as Verified Accounts, fake profiles do exist. Completely authentic profiles are not assured.
Likes: Send one heart (Like) to let her know you want to chat. You can able to message them after they also like your profile. It’s a mutual thing at the start itself.
Friends: Add your friends to stay in touch with them and always be able to message each other.
Local Members: Use Meet button to swipe through other users nearby.
Posts: Users need to join any community in order to ask or share everyone worldwide what you’re up to.
Links: Users can also Post, read, watch, listen or comment on the interesting queer links and videos they have checked.
Queer Events: According to the users’ location, the Queer events will be shown to them. Users can also create events by linking their event URLs. It can be a Facebook event or any events app Link.
Notifications: Users can also check notifications & reply to every like, comment, match they’ve received.
Sexuality, Relationship & Gender: These three things have a lot of options to choose for. One of the unique things in this app.
Other Important Feature Details:
Clicking on the profile: Shows the person’s photos, age, height, gender & location in kilometers.
Reporting the profile: Tap on the profile you want to report. Underneath the profile image, there will be three dots “…” with the word “More”, click that and choose report. It will be sent directly to our review team.
The Swipe Factor:
1. Swipe left – When you don’t like a profile
2. Swipe right – When you like a profile (Confirm & Undo Option)
By default, a new user can check around 50 profiles, & hit likes. Repetition of profiles will happen.
Filters – Age & Distance can be edited
In order to hide the below options, you need to be a premium member.
- Sexual Identity
- Gender Identity
- Relationship Status
- Last Online
Who Liked Me – The App will show some results on “who liked me”. Even though you create a new profile, you’ll see some results showing profiles which liked you. It’s another way to convert normal users to become premium users.
Chats – To see who’s online and start chatting. Again, you need to be a premium member to access that feature.
Feed Option – Includes three categories,
- Feed – To share #WeMetOnHER stories, updates, fun facts & more.
- Communities – Encourages to join other communities, forum, & groups for Queer.
- Events – To check any Qeer events happening in our city or nearby region.
Premium Features of Her Dating App:
- View who’s liked you – Check at profiles who liked you.
- See who’s online to chat – Check the actual profiles who are online and available.
- Change location – You can change the location and check on profiles matching your preference.
- Unlimited Swipes – Unlimited profiles and swipes.
- Rewind the Profiles – Check at profiles which are rejected.
- Read Receipts – Check whether the person has read your message or not.
Terms & Conditions – Redirects to Her Website.
Log Out – Click Her Support option under the Advanced tab to see options for Upgrading, logging out & closing the account.
Language – English & French are the two languages you can use in the App.
Privacy Options: Users can see three options for the privacy of data. Those are,
- Send me my data – Request to be sent a copy of all the data HER stores on your profile.
- Stop using my data – Request to stop your data being used to serve ads to you
- Delete my data – Request for all your data to be permanently deleted. This will remove your account permanently.
Interestingly, shopping option is also available and it consists of T-shirts, Tanks, Hats, Tote Bags & Stickers specially made for the Queer community.
You can check out here – https://herapp.myshopify.com/
How Much Does Her App Cost?
HER PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
They offer 3 types of subscriptions for HER Premium Memberships,
How Many Users are on Her Dating App?
4 million of lesbian, bisexual and queer people on HER.
The current number of downloads on Google Play and on the iPhone app store as follows,
Play Store – 500,000+ Installs
App Store – Not Mentioned
Who Created Her Dating App:
The HER app was founded by Robyn Exton and launched in September 2013.
Customer Support Information for Her:
All customer related inquiries & solutions are explained on the website.
HER Support – http://support.weareher.com/en/support/home
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about how to deal with scammers on HER here: https://weareher.com/how-to-deal-with-scammers-on-her
Check community guidelines for more details – https://weareher.com/community-guidelines
HER Reviews Summary:
Her dating app is definitely an eye opener for the Queer community singles. It’s got all the features that are needed. Talking about safety, it’s having the same secured process but still, there are chances you’ll see fake profiles as well. You got to take care of your personal safety in terms of meeting someone in real after using HER app.
The dating app is smooth in functionality, it’s features are cool and easier to understand. So, we can use the Majority of features in the Free account. The sexuality, gender & relationship status options are unique and probably that stands out from this app.
Upgrading the account has all the features covered, unlike other apps which focus on upgrading each feature separately. Pricing is slightly on the higher side but yes, it’s a whole new dating for the woman. However, options like Her community news feeds, activities & events makes this even more interesting to use.
Things that can be improved from Her App.
- Strict account verification methods to make sure they have legitimate users and not fake ones.
- Repetition of profiles needs a solution. Majority of the reviewers on app stores complains of this one.
- The App crashes a lot, after using it for some time it gets back to the first process of signing up which is completely an error. It happens for both a free account user as well as a premium user. A major setup in this HER app.
- Location in the app is not correct. We can a lot of profiles from a different state or even a different country.
- No video tutorial is available in app stores. Could have been vital things to attract more people towards the app.
Mobile App Ratings:
Play Store – 2.5 from 4,101 reviews
App Store – 3.9 from 5.4k reviews
Mobile App Sizes:
Play Store – 12 MB but after signing up, it increases close to 85 MB
App Store – 103.3 MB
Overall, it’s a decent app to try for Queer community personals. Design & User interface wise, it’s a clean and hassle-free experience. Having said that, it may not fulfill your needs but worth a free trial.
That is a wrap on our her dating app review, make sure to check out all the best dating apps! While the bumble app is not a lesbian dating app, some of the same clever thinking went into developing that singles app.