Here is a little first date advice for everyone since summer is now officially just under 3 weeks away. Along with the time of year of course comes lots of summer first dates, perhaps these tips can serve as a reminder of what not to do…
So Friday night has rolled around and after two conversation over the phone and lots of chatting with your new love interest on your favorite online dating site the time has finally come! It’s time to meet that guy or gal in person. It’s first date night!
So you’ve planned it all out and are sure this is going to be a great night. A black-eyed peas kinda great date night. 🙂
you got it all in line….
- Sexy outfit -CHECK
- Breath mints -CHECK
- Car Cleaned -CHECK
- Makeup / Haircut -CHECK ….and the small details are tended to and your feeling like nothing can stop you now. Let’s do this….
WAIT. WAIT. WAIT.
Unfortunately it’s some of the most common social no-no’s that really can be roadblocks to success with first dates and these are things that many of us just don’t plan for….or even for that matter think about. So what are they?
5 sure-fire ways to ruin a first date.
1. Talking about yourself too much. It’s great to share and toot your horn about your accomplishments, just don’t overdo it.
2. Drinking too much. Nobody wants to date an alcoholic. Period.
3. Talking on the phone too much. This is the latest and most common first date no-no that is responsible for ruining so many first dates. Nobody is impressed by your texting or taking calls on a first date. TURN YOUR PHONE OFF.
4. Not talking enough. If you feel like your prying to get answers or engage someone it’s a huge turn off. Make sure you break out and take a chance. Otherwise you are defeated before you show up.
5. Not taking enough time to prepare. If you don’t primp and press and the other person does they’ll immediately question if you are just not that interested or excited to meet them. Take the time to dress to impress, even if attire is casual; doing your hair and makeup is a must for a first date!
BONUS...Here is also another and perhaps the best first date advice we can give you!
Running late is a no-no ladies. It’s not fashionable anymore. 15 minutes is fine, but DO NOT plan on being late and call ahead. My suggestion to anyone male or female is that if your date does not show or call after 20 minutes leave without calling them. Period. They have failed to respect your time and therefore they do not deserve your time. Do their next date a favor and let your actions demonstrate that everyone deserves to be treated with respect.
Heading back to the drawing board? Check out the list of the largest dating sites in America. Sometime a bit of strategy is useful when it comes to choosing the best online dating sites in order to make sure your weekend are filled with the best candidates. Or in the case of casual dating the most fun prospects! 🙂
Here’s to avoiding bad first dates!
Here is our list of the largest dating sites, as a matter of fact this list features the 15 largest dating sites. Enjoy and if you decide on Match.com, make sure to grab the latest Match promo code. Also check out, ‘How to write a good dating profile”