‘5 Confessions of an online dating blogger’
It’s pretty much like this…
Tireless hours arched over the computer, the whole time thinking about BASICALLY ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that somehow ties into online dating. Okay so that is REALLY NOT how it’s supposed to be though, at least not when you blog for a hobby; but that has how it has felt lately for me. Writing about online dating is like writing about anything else, you try to keep things fresh and fun and always try to stay creative, without losing ALL relevance, right? 🙂 Sometime though you get writers block and you can’t write a DAMN THING! Arghhh! It is so frustrating. That’s been me the last week and a half.
After spending the last two years making over 399 videos and writing 400+ posts about online dating I admit it, I recently hit a total wall. What was there left to talk about? That explains why I have been MIA here at the blog the past few weeks.
Anyway, while thinking about just that today I realized something. I realized I write about online dating because I enjoy it, it’s a totally fun hobby and nothing more. It’s not about how many people I can get to read the blog or even getting people to use the site to use the special offers for online dating sites. (Although I do offer some GREAT free online dating trials! 🙂 Seriously though I realized it’s about the fun I have writing! There is nothing more fun than crafting a random and clever post about interesting things. (And sometimes just random things that are not interesting is fun too….lol)
So with writer’s block safely gone and my randomness back-in-tact! Here are 5 things you might not know about what this online dating blogger does while researching online dating sites.
1. When I am burning the midnight, oil perusing twitter profiles for new online dating blogs, interesting new dating sites, and online dating stories I always drink coffee. Since there is no easy way to say this let me be blunt, when it comes to buying coffee I am cheap since I do consume a fair amount of it. Anyway, here is what I recently discovered…
‘Which cheap brands of coffee are drinkable/tolerable’
….and which ones should IMO not be consumers by humans. (I’ve also noted how far I made it into each bin over the course of half a year) I am sure someone somewhere will find utility in this.
Yuban: Are you sure this is coffee? No really, it’s that bad. 16 days and about 80 miserable cups in I raised the white flag.
Maxwell House: This brand was okay at first and almost decent on a longer term basis but still failed to make it to a 4th bin. I made it to a 3rd bin with 2 scoops left of this nasty stuff before it hit me just how shitty this coffee really was. Onwards I went, to the next cheap bucket of coffee…
MJB: This coffee is still shitty but drinkable long term. I entered month 4 yesterday still able to drink MJB following 2 months prior on those 3 other brands and I am still tolerating this cheap shit on a daily basis. Thanks for sucking the least MJB.
I refuse to pay 8 dollars for a SMALL bag of Starbucks or Seattle’s Best!
2. My entire life I have hated mayonnaise. I was deeply disturbed by its texture and it just felt ALL wrong when it hit my mouth unless it was diluted to around 1 part per million…or somewhere in that general range.
However, about 3 weeks ago while in a pinch editing a post, (Yes sometime I do that after I post them) I consumed a tuna fish sandwich that had tons of mayonnaise on it and I was unfazed. Epiphany; I don’t hate mayonnaise, I just dislike it by the spoonful.
3. Sometimes I do jumping jacks in front of my computer after I have been sitting for 3 or more hours. Since I do spend a fair amount of time writing reviews and doing videos about online dating sites this is probably wise.
Anyway, this mostly likely explains the loud pounding my neighbor does on the ceiling. Sorry dude.
4. I have an internet crush….well sort of at least.
I secretly want to know who the heck Match.com blog intern is/was. She was masterful at blogging over for match.com this past summer wrote some of the best posts I have read about online dating. Making a corporate blog entertaining is HARD WORK….and she actually managed to pull it off. Her online dating posts were sheer brilliance! It is TRAGEDY that she is not writing the Match.com blog posts anymore! A Tragedy I tell you! I wonder if she’s hot? Damn it whose the girl who wrote those posts anyway? I WANNA KNOW!
5. I have a ceviche addiction. What’s in this stuff dude? I recently spent 4 hours researching the etymology of ceviche. Only then did it occur to me that I should probably join match.com again, not to update my review but purely for dating; since clearly I have too much free time on my hands…
….And so I am doing just that tonight. Actually here is a little secret for those of you that didn’t know about it and those of you who have not joined match.com and stopped your membership for a break from online dating. When you do this with Match.com (join for a month and then take a break by cancelling), after you cancel they send you this sweet little offer where you can pay for 1 month and get 2 more free. If you are just getting started here is a free trial below. When you click the link though, look under the sign-in and hit join. That prompts you through for your free trial on match.com
OR IF YOU ALREADY KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO JOIN BE SMART ABOUT IT….SAVE MORE BY JOINING AHEAD OF TIME WITH THIS 20% OFF OFFER! (The 6 month plan works out to less than 1 Starbucks latte a week!) match.com September 2013 Discount code – 20% Off Discount