Introduction and history of SpeedDate.com:
SpeedDate.com was created as the world’s first speed dating site. The idea started as a class project by Simon Tisminezky and Dan Abelon, two graduate students who met at Stanford Business School and who were looking for love themselves. SpeedDate.com was launched in 2007, as a patented system and quickly became highly popular. Basically, the site sets you up with speed dates, in which, for 3 minutes you can communicate with your match using instant messaging or webcams/live audio. This idea seems to have attracted quite a lot of users.
Features and amount of members at Speeddate.com
Speeddate.com currently has over 13 million users, with thousands of new users signing up every day, according to the information released by its founders.
SpeedDate.com is free to join and for a standard membership it offers the basic features of dating sites.
SpeedDate.com is available as an application for: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android and Facebook.
Here is what you can do with a free Complimentary Membership:
- Create your profile and upload photos
- Search other members by basic criteria and browse through profiles
- Send winks to other members
- Contact some of the members and reply to premium members
If you subscribe for a Premium Membership, you gain access to the following features:
- See multiple photos and contact all the members
- Send messages and chat with members after the speed date
- See who has viewed your profile and who wants to meet with you
- Write back to members who marked you as Favorite
- Come up first in results and have more speed dates
- Have a featured member status (a star on your profile)
- Receive priority customer service
SpeedDate.com membership plans:
- 1 month: $29.95
- 3 months: $19.95/month – in 1 Easy Payment of $59.85
- 6 months: $ 15.95/month – in 1 Easy Payment of $95.70
- 12 months: $12.95/month – in 1 Easy Payment of $155.40
- Speed Verify: $0.99/month: allows you to see who likes you, messages from other members and meet the most popular members
SpeedDate.com Contact info:
SpeedDate.com can be contacted using the form in the Help section, or by telephone at
877-328-3006, from Monday to Friday, between 7AM and 5PM
Our conclusion about SpeedDate.com:
SpeedDate.com was a pretty unique site by the time it was launched, being the first online service for speed dating. Its founders called it the “new school” of online dating. As a member, you only have to like another user and if you are both online you will be set up on a date. For 3 minutes you can talk with your match using IM or live webcam and if you like each other you can add each other as buddies and keep in contact. The site is very user-friendly and the concept itself is very appealing. Moreover, the founders are very open regarding any information about the site, from its creation to technical details.
You can visit the SpeedDate.com site and try out the service here: