Introduction and history of Zoosk:
Zoosk was released in 2007 as a social network and online dating app, but what makes this service unique when compared to others is the smart technology upon which it was created. Behavioral Matchmaking is a new and very smart idea; the app basically learns your preferences based on your behavior regarding suggested matches. The Zoosk’s technology learns in real time to match you with people to whom you are more likely to have mutual attraction. And it had a huge success so far!
Compatibility of Zoosk:
Zoosk can be used on your PC, smart phone, tablet or Facebook account. The application can be downloaded from Amazon, Apple App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android.
It was optimized to be compatible with most gadgets, but if there is any feature that doesn’t work on your smart phone, you can connect from a desktop and adjust the settings of your account.
Features and amount of members at Zoosk:
Zoosk connects over 27 million singles from 80 countries, in 25 languages. It has become an online platform for people all over the globe.
Zoosk is free to register and to download; it offers a free membership with some basic features, a paid subscription with more options included, and a virtual currency to buy even more extras.
Here is what you can do with a free membership on Zoosk:
- Create your account and a personality profile
- Upload pictures
- Browse through profiles
- Add members as friends
- Search people or play the Carousel game, which connects you with Zooskers with similar interests
- Use Behavioral Matchmaking
- Reply to winks and messages received from premium members
- Chat with Zooskers friends using Zoosk messenger
- Send virtual gifts using Coins
- So BASICALLY NOTHING! 🙂
As a Premium member, you can access the following options:
- Have full access to sending and receiving Winks and messages
- Chat with friends with no limitations
- Full access to Smart Pick feature
- See who has viewed your profile
- Gain more visibility
Extras you can buy with Coins:
- Virtual gifts
- Special delivery: alerts the user you are sending a message to, with a special pop-out, that he/she has a notification from you
- Delivery confirmation: shows you when someone read your message
- Carousel: connects you with Zooskers with similar interests
- Boost: moves your profile on top of a search result for every Boost you buy
Zoosk costs and membership plans:
- 1 month: $29.95
- 3 months: $19.98/month – a total of $59.95
- 6 months: $12.49/month – a total of $ 74.95
- 50coins: $5
- 180 coins: $19.95
- 480 coins: $39.95 – save 25%
- 1800 coins: $99.95 – save 50%
You can also earn free coins by completing special tasks and offers.
Zoosk contact info:
Zoosk can be contacted using the Help form on the app, by phone or email.
Phone: +1 415 362 1000
Our conclusion about Zoosk:
Zoosk has introduced an innovative and smart dating technology and it made it become one of the largest online networks with one of the fastest growing membership database. The app has a very clean and fresh design; it keeps everything simple and fun. There are no questionnaires to be filled, but the Behavioral Matching technology learns in real time your preferences based on your behavior and your clicks. Based on these, the app presents you matches that you are more likely to be compatible with. The other features of the service make the whole experience so much more exciting and fun; no surprise it became so popular all around the world. What is not to like than you ask? One very big thing? Zoosk is essentially Facebook and we don’t think the two are a good fit. We think that they Facebook and Online dating are like oil and water. When you first meet someone you do not to introduce themselves to your social circle which we feel that when you are using a Facebook product that is what you encourage. We also dislike the coin system that uses virtual currency which Zoosk employs.
So yes while the site and technology are good we think Zoosk is a pass. You should also know that both you and who you contact must be paying members otherwise Zoosk is rendered useless. For those reasons as well as a few more we think that Match is better than Zoosk. You may also want to read this direct comparison of Match.com vs. Zoosk.