No, it is not really free. Unlike some other dating sites Oasis.com is not freely available to browse as a guest either you must sign up first. Once signed up you will need to verify your email, then fill in your profile, this entails: about me and what you’re looking for sections, a short series of questions with a choice of answers with questions such as drinking and smoking habits, if you have or want children and height and weight for example. This followed by your interests section and there is also space to add additional interests. You can select if you only want to be contacted by English speakers or not and if you want to be contacted by others who do not match your profile requirements. It is very similar to Friendfinder.com but part of the 3H Group.
It has 11 million members globally. Despite claiming to be a free dating site it isn’t which is a bit misleading and has led to some bad reviews. The site seems very limited as there is not forum
- Unlimited profile ‘Likes’
- 10 days to send contact requests
- You can see your matches according to your criteria
- See requests for contact
- Search for a relationship, casual dating or friendship, age group, country and state.
- Select to show primary photo, two-way matches, members who are online now or to exclude members.
- Upload up to 20 photos
- Select to give automatic privacy to your photos
- Apply a themed background to your profile
- 40 days to send contact requests
- Personalised contact requests
- Premium profile themes
- Priority customer support
- Offline profile views
- Save search and be specific about criteria including: ethnicity, relationship status, star sign, religion, body type, food type, eye and hair colour, height, weight, languages spoken, pets, education and occupation.
- Advanced match filters
- Search priority
- Instant messaging chat
Our video review of Oasis.com dating site :